Primary Provoking Action of A-L:
- This herbal formula is designed to activate the immune system against all forms of Borrelia burgdorferi (Bb).
- It will stimulate the immune system against the spirochete form of Bb.
- It has the capacity to penetrate the Bb cyst.
- A-L will work intracellularly against the cell wall deficient forms of Bb.
- Besides working intracellularly, it will work on the more naïve extracellular Bb forms.
- It can be used in the treatment of acute and chronic Bb.
- It will work on all strains of Borrelia.
- This formula will support the suppressed immune system that results for chronic exposure to these bacteria.
Secondary Provoking Actions of A-L Complex:
This formula is designed with the assumption that Borrelia never comes alone. Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, and probably Mycoplasma often accompany it. To a lesser degree A-L supports the immune system to address these co-infections.
Lyme disease has a progressive immune suppressive effect. The more chronic the infection the more the patient experiences an overgrowth of opportunistic organisms. This formula helps address these infections and decrease the pathogen load. The herbs in this formula have historically been used against a wide number of bacteria, viral, fungal, and parasitic organisms. These include Staph, Strep, Fungal and Candida forms, Trichomonas, Chlamydia, (among others).
Regulatory Mechanisms of A-L Complex:
- This combination of herbs has a direct affect on the brain and nervous system. It reduces inflammation, lowering inflammatory cytokines levels to improve insomnia, anxiety and restlessness.
- A-L Complex has adaptogenic properties helping the adrenal system deal with the stress of chronic illness.
- This formula helps breaks up congestion and stagnation in the lymphatic and circulatory systems. It also helps loosen and break up catarrhal and remove it from the sinus and lungs.
- It is tonifying for the GI track as well as the lungs, kidneys, heart and liver. It removes waste from the body and allowing the beneficial affects of the herbs to reach into deeper levels of these tissues.
- Most importantly it helps regulate the compromised methylation and other detox pathways as it works to excrete dead cells through the lymphatic and hepatic systems.
- The formula acts as a binding agent that absorbs toxins.
Regenerative Mechanisms of A-L Complex:
- The Lyme patient is often compromised nutritionally. The herbs provides easily absorbed nutrient including calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, Vit B1, B2, B3 and Vitamin C.
- The formula helps with the biosynthesis of fatty acids, cholesterol, triglycerides, and phospholipids.
- It counteracts hypercoagulation, thus reversing capillary stagnation.
- Modulates the immune system by stimulating white blood cell production.
- Has an adaptogenic effect that helps the body regain metabolic balance.
- Tonic rejuvenating effect on the heart, liver, and kidney.
- It balances the heat and cooling properties of the system having a constitutional harmonizing effect.
Garlic: Garlic is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial, chelator, and promotes the biosynthesis of fatty acids.
Horseradish: This herb is an antibacterial, antiseptic, clearing congestion in lungs, sinus, urinary and muscular skeletal system.
Onion: This plant has antifungal, antiseptic, antiprasitic and antibacterial effects. It strengthens the heart digestive system and balances blood pressure.
Clove: Well known for its effects as a tonic, febrifuge, antiseptic, anti fungal and anti parasitic.
Artemisia: Internationally known for its anti-malarial and anti-parasitic effects, it also has anti-fungal, anti-caner, anti-spirochete activities. It enhances natural killer cell response. It also has anticoagulation activity.
Ginger: Ginger is an antiseptic, cleanses the lymphatic system, stimulates circulation and is a potent detoxifier.
Usnea: This herb has broad-spectrum antimicrobial activities affecting virus, protozoa, Candida, trichamonas, Chlamydia, to name just a few. It is also an analgesic and cyst buster.
Astragalus: For centuries this herb has been used as an anti-microbial, adaptogen and tonic to the immune, lung, kidney and heart. It will increase energy as it detoxifies.
Black Walnut Hull (green): Promotes healing of mucous membranes by clearing fungus, parasites, virus and enhancing colon detoxification. Potent source of nutrients.
Lemon Peel: Supports the vascular system, as it is a digestive aid with nutrient support.
Sarsaparilla officianalis: This herb is an anti-viral and toxin binding agent. Traditionally it has been used to treat syphilis, psoriasis and other skin disorders.
Banana Peel: Banana Peel is an antiviral with smooth muscle relaxation ability making it helpful in the bronchi with asthma and muscle cramps.
Gardenia: This herb can be helpful in fever balancing the bodies heat and cooling properties. It has tonifying effects on the nervous system helping irritability, restlessness, insomnia and tension headaches.
Coptis: Coptis is an anti-microbial and blood purifier that treats liver and gall bladder inflammation. It can affect multiple digestive system symptoms.
Byron White Formulas are available through practitioners at Gordon Medical Associates.
Please understand that Gordon Medical and Dr. Anderson are unable to give specific treatment suggestions to individuals via the internet. The law requires that a practitioner sees all patients for an intake interview before prescribing treatment. If you would like to see Dr. Anderson, you can call GMA at (707) 575-5180 to set up an appointment. The information on the Byron White Formulas are provided for educational interest only. Please be aware that the formulas have changed since these articles were written, and suggested dosages are now different. Please contact your practitioner to adjust your treatment.
All rights reserved.
For information or permission contact
Dr. Wayne Anderson